|Chief of the San Francisco Police Department|
|Age:||c. 45 (series end)|
|Family:|| Richard Vick (husband)|
Barbara Dunlap (sister)
Iris Vick (daughter)
|Last appearance:||The Breakup|
Police Chief Karen Vick worked alongside Shawn Spencer's father, Henry, during his days on the force. While she may not be entirely sold on Shawn's strengths as a medium, she admires his moxie, as well as the fact that Shawn, like his father, delivers results. Karen is married with an unnamed son and one daughter, Iris, who was born during "Shawn vs. The Red Phantom". She also has a sister, Barbara Dunlap, who made an appearance in "There Might Be Blood" and it is shown that she had a sibling rivalry with Barbara. Karen was interim police chief until "Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead", in which she is promoted to full-time chief and remains at the station, only due to the fact that Shawn was able to unearth and disseminate a scandal about the man who was supposed to take her place.
In "1967: A Psych Odyssey" Karen left to be the Chief of the San Francisco Police Department.
At first, she didn't really enjoy having him around the office, but over time she began trusting him with more higher profile cases like Yin and Yang. At one point she even trusted him enough to let him try and find her a nanny.
Burton "Gus" GusterEdit
- In "Truer Lies", Shawn calls her "Chief Karen Charles Vick", stating that he knew her middle name began with a C, and she corrects him, without providing further detail.
- "Eighty suspects? Really, Mr. Spencer, it wouldn't be possible perhaps to narrow it down just a bit, would it?"
- — Karen (from Talk Derby to Me)
- "I can sit here all night, Betty. I have a sixth month old at home who still has colic. I consider this a reprieve."
- — Karen (from Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast)
The gallery page for Karen Vick can be found here.